Sunday, May 6, 11:00 AM
We accept and expect the following types of animals / birds:
- Various breeds of exotic rabbits
- Miniature horses, Miniature donkeys, Welsh ponies, etc.
- Miniature cattle (Dexters, Lowlines, etc.)
- Pot-Belly piglets, Pigmy goats, Exotic sheep, etc.
- Various types of peafowl, ducks , geese, etc.
- Laying hens of various ages
- Standard, Bantam, and Exotic chickens, Quail, Wild & Domestic turkeys, etc.
- Homing and other fancy pigions, doves, love birds, budgies, finches, etc.
- Llamas, Emus, Manx cats, Guinea pigs, Hamsters, Chinchillas, etc.
- Cages, Feeders, Waterers, other small animal supplies
Seller Information and Terms of Auction:
- The animals must be boxed with wire on one side or caged BEFORE they arrive. Boxes must have sturdy bottoms - plywood - not just cardboard, and no wire bottoms. Sellers, please keep in mind the humane treatment of these animals when boxing/crating them - don't overcrowd them or put them in cages where they can injure themselves. Make sure the animals have had water & feed before they arrive.
- The Animal Protection Services of Saskatchewan will have representatives watching for animals in distress and may take action against the sellers who consign animals in distress.
- Boxes & crates must be labeled with what and how many are inside BEFORE they arrive.
- Boxes & crates sell with the animals/birds inside, and boxes will not be opened when sold.
- Large crates / hutches will stay outside and be sold after the small boxes inside.
- Sellers with more than 10 boxes must bring a general list of what they have consigned (eg. 5 boxes of chickens, 2 boxes of ducks, 3 boxes of rabbits, 1 box of turkeys, etc.)
- The following will be refused:
*Weak boxes or boxes with wet bottoms
*Boxes with overcrowded animals/birds
*Boxes where the animals/birds cannot both stand and lay down
*Boxes or cages with sharp edges which could injure the animals.
*Boxes with sick or dying animals/birds
*Boxes not labeled with what is inside and how many
*Boxes without a viewing window
*Horses and other larger animals with overgrown hooves or injuries
- No Pigs unless they are caged or kenneled, and pig & crate together weigh less than 40lbs - weanling pigs only, no larger pigs
- No un-boxed dogs nor cats - if they are not boxed or kenneled, don't bring them
- All consignments must arrive between 7:00 AM and 10:00 AM
- Pre-Booking Option:
*Pre-booking fee is $3.00 per box plus GST = $3.15
*Pre-booking fee must be paid at least 4 days prior to the auction (not paid = not booked)
*All pre-booked boxes sell before others not pre-booked, with the exception of cold-sensitive birds which sell at the beginning whether pre-booked or not
*Larger animals (horses, donkeys, llamas, alpacas, etc.) sell after all boxes, so do not need to be pre-booked
*No refunds of pre-book fees for consignors or boxes which don't come to the auction
*No extra pre-booking will be allowed for extra boxes brought on sale day
- Selling commission:
*Selling commission is the same whether the boxes are pre-booked or not
*Boxed animals/birds, etc.: 30% on the first $30, 25% on the amount over $30
*Minimum commission per box is $5.00 (not including any pre-booking fees)
*Larger (un-boxed) animals: 30% on the first $30, 15% on the amount over $30
*Minimum commission non larger animals (not boxed) is $10.00 per animal
*Seller cheques will be held for pickup until the following Wednesday, then mailed Thursday
- Sale order:
1. Finches, love birds, budgies, eggs, and other cold-sensitive consignments
2. All pre-booked boxes - sold in the order they arrive sale day
3. All other boxes - sold in the order they arrive sale day
4. Larger animals (not boxed) - usually starting between 5:00 and 7:00 PM
5. Non-exotic animals - sheep, goats, etc. (All sheep must have CCIA tags)
Buyers Information and Terms and Conditions of this Auction.:
- All animals are sold as described by the consignor without warrantee for mis-representation from Johnstone Auction Mart - bidding indicates you have satisfied yourself with all aspects the the animals / items, and no-one else is responsible.
- Payment must be made the day of the auction by cash, cheque (with sufficient identification), debit card, or Visa / Mastercard (3% admin fee on credit cards)
- Refer to other terms of auctions for additional information.